TO: The Leadership Tulsa Community
RE: Leadership Tulsa Executive Director Search
On behalf of the Leadership Tulsa Board, I am pleased to announce that our Board has appointed an Executive Director Search Committee and authorized the engagement of an executive search firm to assist in the recruitment and selection of Leadership Tulsa’s next Executive Director. As announced previously, our current Executive Director, Wendy Thomas, will transition out of her role on June 30, 2023 after a successful and impactful 20 years at the organization’s helm.
For 50 years, Leadership Tulsa has been creating leadership development opportunities for the Tulsa community regardless of financial, professional, or social status. We have an opportunity to build upon this foundation and further elevate the organization to provide more access for Tulsa’s seasoned and aspirational leaders. Accordingly, Leadership Tulsa seeks a visionary, strategic leader who is passionate about making leadership capabilities available to any and all Tulsans who wish to grow in this area. In order to achieve these ambitious goals, Leadership Tulsa needs the right leader to get us there!
To date, the below steps have been taken to launch our search effort:
1) Executive Director Search Committee: We have appointed an experienced and broad search committee to lead the process and screen potential candidates. The committee is co-chaired by Amanda Blair and Scott Robin. The committee membership brings diverse experience, perspective, and talent that will be invaluable to the search process. Below are the esteemed members of the Search Committee:
● Amanda Blair – Co-Chair
● Scott Robin – Co-Chair
● Bruce Sorrell – Board President
● Lucy Gonzalez – Board Member
● Kim Hawkins – Board Member
● Obum Ukabam – Board Member
● Jeff Wilkie – Board Member
2) Search Counsel: Talent Acquisition Group, an executive search firm based in Tulsa has been retained to conduct this search. The team at Talent Acquisition Group has been developing the go-to-market materials and advising the committee on the search and selection process. The search lead is Bryce Murray, Managing Director of Talent Acquisition Group.
3) Search Communication: The detailed job posting can be found at https://bit.ly/lt_exec_director for prospective candidates to learn more about the position and submit their application for consideration. All candidate nominations should be directed to Bryce Murray, Managing Director of Talent Acquisition Group (LTExecDir@talentacquisitiongroup.com). All communications with the Search Committee regarding the search should be directed to the Co-Chairs: Amanda Blair and Scott Robin.
The Leadership Tulsa Board has great confidence in the resources deployed against the search to fill this key position that will shape the organization’s future. This Search Committee, with the support of Talent Acquisition Group, has been charged with finding the best Executive Director for Leadership Tulsa. Please help spread the word to encourage nominations along with applications from duly qualified and talented candidates.
Thank you for your support!