Introducing Inaugural CAPLC ClassJanuary 25, 2017
New Voices Application Now AvailableMay 2, 2017
In honor of her first year with Leadership Tulsa, Office Manager Kendall Trotter shares with us some other “firsts.”
- First job? The summer I turned 16, I worked in the infant room at the preschool at my church.
- First car? I had a white Jeep Wrangler. I was one of only a few of my friends who could drive a standard.
- First place to live after moving out of parents’ house? I was born and raised in Tulsa and have no intention of leaving, so I bought a house when I was 24. It seemed crazy at the time but worked out. I think everyone should live alone at some point in their lives.
- First concert you attended? Garth Brooks at old Drillers Stadium at 15th and Yale in 1997. My father is a stagehand and was running a spotlight for him. He told me and my mom that the signal it was time to start was “We’ve got rats” over the walkies.
- First thing you do in the morning? Grumble. But then I let my dogs, Alba and Marge, outside.
- First day at Leadership Tulsa? A blur! Three days before I started, I returned from my honeymoon to Australia and New York with my husband, Matt. Between the 24 hours of plane travel, jet lag and climate changes, my allergies caused me to have a massive bronchial spasm, and I had to go to the ER at 10:30 Sunday night for an albuterol treatment. They didn’t release me until 3 a.m., but I was at LT promptly at 8 a.m.! I think the steroid was the only reason I made it through that day.
- Final thoughts on your first year at LT? This year has had many firsts and changes. I’m grateful to have gotten one-on-one training time with Nancy before she retired. Most importantly, I love that I get to collaborate with and learn from Wendy and Ashley every day. LT has amazing people connected to it, and I’m glad to be part of it.