Leadership Tulsa is proud to introduce our newest program – LT Represent, a nonpartisan civic leadership program for individuals interested in potentially running for elected positions that serve and support Tulsa.
As with all LT programs, participants will gain knowledge, skills, and connections to help pursue their goals. LT Represent graduates will also develop a Personal Civic Leadership Action Plan comprised of actionable next steps to pursue their specific public leadership goals.
Outcomes for LT Represent graduates will include:
- Knowledge of political systems and the elected positions at every level of government in Tulsa.
- Skills related to building a narrative and campaign to support their own candidacy or the candidacy of others.
- Connections with the formal systems of electoral politics.
- An understanding of how to plan for a career in public service.
The LT Represent program was created to engage a greater number of diverse and capable leaders in the process and systems of governance. The benefits to the community are:
- Fewer unopposed candidates across all types of elected positions.
- Capable and prepared elected leaders from a diverse set of perspectives.
- Policy outcomes flowing from the debate of a variety of perspectives.
Applications are now open for the inaugural cohort of 20-25 participants. Due to the generous support of funders, this inaugural class will be offered tuition free.
For additional information or to apply, visit: leadershiptulsa.org/LTrepresent